I'd forgotten how cracktastic 100% Perfect Girl gets. So far (as of volume 7), it has taught me the following things:
1. You can trade your virginity for your boyfriend's life.
1a. Corollary: if he is willing to die for you, maybe you should just let him - he'll be happy, and you'll be still a virgin. Win - win. Seriously.
2. If you have a hot, rich, sweet suitor - find out if he is an only child. If he is not - run!!!!
3. Just as in Samuel Richardson's 18th century bestseller, Pamela, the best way to get out of a rape situation is to faint - if the guy carries on, at least you won't feel it, and there is a chance he may stop because he doesn't think it's fun to do it with an unconscious woman.
4. Male shirtlessness makes everything better.
5. Your boyfriend can't save you even if he has mad fight skills, a gun, and his own private assault force. Best way to save yourself is to have your abductors fall in love with you.
Volume 7 has my favorite manga sequence EVER. Evil Ewan the Insane Half-brother (of Jarte not Jay, this manga is not THAT twisted) has kidnapped Jay as a part of his psycho revenge plan against Jarte for having a nice childhood/being normal (what, he couldn't see a shrink?). Jarte has come to rescue Jay but it's a little hard to do when Ewan has a gun to his fiancee's head and tells him he will kill her painfully unless Jarte surrenders to him for some torture fun.
( And we go from here: scans from my favorite sequence )
Anyway, by the end of volume 7, both Jay and Jarte are so screwed up, I believe they need to be heavily medicated, not dating each other. Slitting your wrists is not a healthy coping mechanism. Obsessive codependency and a guilt complex the size of Nevada isn't either. (One of the things I like about 100% is that both of the protagonists start out the manhwa as pretty well-adjusted and then kinda spiral into insanity - it's nice to see a manhwa which actually admits that horrible things happening to you will fuck you up).