Ten Couples that need just "do it." This is inspired by the fact that I've found myself sifting through ff.net (yes, indeed) looking for Sousuke/Kaname stories. Additions? Suggestions?
1. Logan/Veronica, Veronica Mars: Almost two seasons! There are limits to what a girl can stand, especially when the chemistry is as combustible as it is with those two. If slow-dancing together is enough to melt my screen, I can only imagine how hot a real get-together scene would be. Come on, after Dullnut, Veronica deserves a good lover. And wouldn't it be nice for Logan to actually do it with someone he loves and who loves him back for a change?
2. Sousuke/Kaname, Full Metal Panic: OK, a blind mouse can tell that you love each other. A blind, mentally challenged mouse. You love each other, you are available and, oh yeah, you risk your lives on regular basis to save each other. The staring at each other in the rain? The almost kiss in scenic locations? The rescuing, and the jealousy. The waiting up by his door waiting for him to come home (Kaname), or disobeying direct orders to save the other (Sousuke)? Stop teasing me, TPTB! Yes, he is clueless emotionally due to his background, and yes, she doesn't want to take the first step, but take pity on me. Kiss already, at least. Besides, face it. No one else will be able to deal with either Kaname's pushiness or Sousuke's off-the-wallness on a regular basis, so you might as well hook up.
3. Doctor/Rose, Doctor Who: What's a trifling 800+ age difference? And what's a nice bloke of a boyfriend? My newest and shiniest OTP so needs to get it on in the back of the TARDIS, it's not even funny.
4. Lee/Kara, BSG: Oh, my OTP. You came so close. Forget Zack. Forget Baltar. Forget Anders. Forget Dee and the Ho of Doom and the Nameless Girlfriend that Lee left behind to be toasted. From the mini, I thought the two were OTP. And TPTB tease us with looks (eye fucking masters, these two), and the kissing, and the drunken desperate making out. Come on, Lee so clearly wants Kara. And short of being brain-damaged, I see no reason for Kara to prefer Lee Lite (a.k.a. Anders) when she can have the real deal. Let Anders bite the big one (Leoben can sit on him), and Kara and Lee get together.
5. Logan/Max, Dark Angel: Come on. Mutually acknowledged love? Check. Mutually acknowledged hotness? Check. Angst and eye fucking and UST? Check. But where is the seeeeeeeeex? Yes, I know, Max's virus would kill Logan on touch, but come on, full-body condom? Not optimal, but you could get really kinky! Considering how hot it was when he was merely examining her tattoos in latex gloves, the possibilities are endless.
6. Mal/Inara, Firefly: I have such a thing for the two of you. Because honestly, if the UST got any hotter, it would become a health hazard. Eye-fucking is all well and good, and so is the angst, and the unconscious kissing, and the crying after you pushed him in someone else's arms, but I am a greedy, greedy, GREEDY bitch and I want more. Not that I should complain, seeing that I got Simon/Kaylee make-out, but I can't help it. I've fallen for the two of them so hard.
7. Lex/Clark, Smallville: Come on. Sexy woobie gazillionnaire, ogling and befriending a teenage boy? Hot and dumb farmboy exchanging lusty longing looks with said millionaire? On second thoughts, I should take them off the list, because they are so doing it already.
8. Aoshi/Misao, Rurouni Kenshin: I have never seen a man more in need of some sex as a means of de-stressing than Aoshi. And let's face it, killer looks or not, not that many women would want to put up with the full of guilt, driven, serious and issue-laden Aoshi. Plus, Misao loves him and wants him, even though she knows him so well, and that's good enough for me.
9. Fry/Leela, Futurama: Because the poor slob Fry is Everyman. And Leela is Everywoman, if Everywoman was a mutant with one eye, flying a spaceship. Because this is Leela's only chance to make out with a guy a thousand years older than she is. And because Bender could sell the videos. Basically, Futurama rules and I couldn't not mention it.
10. Vash/Meryl, Trigun: Come on, when a Catholic Priest is getting more action with his OTP (and I don't mean Jesus) than you two, it's time to get serious. Vash might be close to immortal, but Meryl isn't. Now that Vash's brother problems have been taken care of (or alternatively, just beginning), it's time to settle down and have some adorable rugrats to boss the Deadliest Man Alive silly. She is into you, you are into her, and face it, you won't find another woman to put up with his baggage or another man to put up with he bossiness.