You guys, I am so in love with Sunao ni Narenakute
- I have finished the episode and if it keeps this up, it's going on my all-time favorites list. I am more of a kdrama girl than a jdrama one, but almost nothing can compare with a jdrama done right.
Before a few comments on second half of first ep (behind cut), I just want to point out that at least two of the five main characters would have legal recourse out of their horrible situations if they were in the United States.
Poor Seonsu. I wanted to go in there and shred that horrible person's face. What kind of boss pours a cup of water on his employee's head and belittles and insults him in front of everyone? This is a textbook case of workplace harassment and racial discrimination as Seonsu is Korean. Hello, lawsuit in the US! He'd win pretty easily, too.
And speaking of textbook, hello Kaoru's situation! This is like an example from a lawbook of what sexual harassment looks like! When your boss tells you she will fire you or demote you if you don't become her boytoy? Case over - though he should probably get some incriminating emails first.
Not to mention Hikaru's situation with her lousy boyfriend refusing to return her calls now that she may be pregnant. She should sue him for child support if she is :)
OK, this drama is making me lawsuit-happy, but seriously, I was watching this and going - GET A LAWYER, LADY AND GENTS! :P
But sadly they live in Japan. ( More caps and thoughts of non-litigious nature )
Now that I've checked out all the Spring dramas I planned to except for Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
(because I am shallow and will give anything with Narimiya Hiroki at least a staring chance), I have a ranking.
But first a Yankee-kun trailer (it's a drama, I believe based on a manga I read and liked) about a formerly good student who became a delinquent (NH) and a former delinquent and now class president who decides to straighten him out.
Now back to the rankings. I think my ranking in order of preference is:
1. Sunao ni Narenakute
2. Prosecutor Princess - it's fluffy and hilarious and romantic and emo and has a little mystery and I just adore it to ridiculous bits, even more than Cinderella Unni (blasphemy, I know!)
3. Cinderella Unni - excellent drama but it's so emo and everyone is so miserable, I may be putting it on hiatus for a few weeks. It's spring out and also there are stressful things in my own life going on, so I want something more mellow and less melo to buck me up.
4. Oh My Lady - not a masterpiece but I have silly fun watching it
5. Personal Taste - after a rough first 4 eps, gotten better and is pretty enjoyable now, with a bit of judicious fast-forwarding.